For all our bartender friends
Most Recent Posts
Random Thoughts from a Server 65: Beer Glasses
T-Shirts for Servers 5
Want to share this one with the world? Â It’s okay. Â I don’t mind.
Random Thoughts from a Server 64: Chef Gordon Ramsey
I love waiting on people who think restaurant reality shows reflect reality.
Random Thoughts from a Server 63: Jealous Boyfriends
Although maybe they will now understand that when their girlfriend says to dress up for dinner, it doesn’t mean the fancy Affliction t-shirt.
Random Thoughts from a Server 62: Wine Keys
A moment of silence for all the wine keys that have moved on to the land of lost socks, lighters, and pens.
Random Thoughts from a Server 61: Why are restaurants expensive?
When you put it that way….
T-Shirts for Servers 4: Don’t try this at home
And now for something a little different
Random Thoughts From A Server 60: Class
Can I get an Amen?
Random Thoughts From A Server 59: If I Were Gay
I prefer the ladies, but making rednecks nervous is awfully fun too.
Random Thoughts From A Server 58: You Let Her Leave The House In That?
Is it more offensive for me to call them a bad parent or for them to accuse me of being an uber-creep?
Random Thoughts From A Server 57: Pouring Water
When working in a restaurant with carpet, my standard line is, “If you never water the carpet, it won’t grow.” Need to find a different line when working on tile.
- The Greatest Customer Complaint Response Ever September 23, 2010
- Why Not To Date Co-Workers August 14, 2010
- My Response: 25 Things Chefs Never Tell You September 16, 2010
- A Food Critic Intervention August 31, 2010
- The Card August 10, 2010
- Random Thoughts from a Server 65: Beer Glasses July 20, 2013
- T-Shirts for Servers 5 July 19, 2013
- Random Thoughts from a Server 64: Chef Gordon Ramsey July 17, 2013
- Random Thoughts from a Server 63: Jealous Boyfriends July 16, 2013
- Random Thoughts from a Server 62: Wine Keys July 15, 2013
Search by Topic
About The Author
David Hayden was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri. He took his first serving job in 1996. Since that time, he has worked for over a dozen different restaurant companies. He has held both hourly and salaried positions at independent and corporate restaurants. He has waited on over 100,000 guests and trained hundreds of servers. He has been named "Best Server in Kansas City" the last three years by the local weekly paper.